eSafety and wellbeing support for all Australians

Australia has some of the best online safety and wellbeing resources in the world. This directory brings those resources together in one place to make it easier for all Australians to get the right information and support when they need it.

Keep checking in as we will add new resources to the directory.


Non-English speakers

Most of the services listed above accept and pay for calls from the Translating and Interpreting Service . Kids Helpline asks callers to contact them and state the language they need.

Face-to-face counselling

A GP can provide a referral to a counsellor, social worker or psychologist. If you meet the criteria for a mental health treatment plan, some of your out of pocket expenses for a counsellor/psychologist may be covered by Medicare.

Local community health centres also offer face-to-face counselling. To find one in your local area, search for ‘Community Health Centre’ online.

If you are a young person, you can use Headspace, which is for people aged 12 to 25, or try your university, TAFE or school.

Workplaces might offer counselling through an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This service is free and can be used for any issue and is confidential.

Sign up for eSafety News

Stay up to date with online
issues, new resources, events, and the latest research.