When you know your online world you have the skills and knowledge to participate in the online world with confidence. You learn new things, understand the language of digital technologies and know how to take action if your privacy is breached.
When you are online:
- learn how new skills will help you explore the online world
- recognise online risks and how to manage them
- look out for suspicious emails and scams
- use secure websites for financial and retail services
- keep passwords secret, strong and unique
- know how to report bullying behaviour on social media sites.